Jul 4, 2014

submit

It was 110 degrees out so to cool down I went to a Hot Yoga class where the room was only 105 degrees.  At check-in I wasn't sure if I wanted to just pay for the one class or purchase a month's worth.  I told the owner my predicament and asked if I could take the class first, see how I felt in the heat and decide after.  He said "no." Ok fine, here's your ten bucks.

I didn't bring my gym bag in with me because it was just too hot to be lugging anything around.  My lock was in my bag and since I didn't have it with me I brought my sunglasses and phone into the yoga room.  I was about 5 minutes early and I was texting.  I was texting in yoga!  The instructor came over and gave me a stern, "No phones in class."  Ok, she was right, I shouldn't be texting in the sanctuary.  I put it down. "No phones in class," she said again.  Oh she meant get my fucking phone out of the room.  Fine, I put my phone between my two sandals outside the room and prayed that the yogis were too kind to steal it.

The instructor was from Long Island and every time she wanted us to "surrender" to something she'd say "surrenda."  Just like that, try it "surrendaaa." 

"Surrendaaa to this pose."  I couldn't concentrate.  I resisted the urge to leave early, fought through her accent and was pleased to see my phone was still there when I left the room.  I did not buy the month package.  Instead I went to normal temperature Pilates the next day and they got me for 3 months.  So Pilates it is.

I hate poker.

I have a new breakfast recipe.  4 bananas, water and a scoop of vanilla Sun Warrior Protein.  It tastes delicious. 

Oh yea, poker.  It just sucks right now.  I can't beat a 5 year old so I don't feel like playing and I have no plan.  Like usually I'll make a plan to take the week off and start back on the weekend or something like that but right now my only plan is to stock up on bananas and go to Pilates.  I surrenda.


3 comments:

  1. How is the 5-10 game at the V?

    How does it compare to 2-5?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It went from fair to being really good in the last ten days. Doesn't take long for the game to get deep either. As far as 2/5, I'd rather sit in front of a slot machine waiting for a bigger game to run rather than play 2/5

      Delete
    2. What is wrong with the 2-5 game?

      Delete