May 26, 2014

hunting

Went to the theatre today to see Once the musical. I was torturously bored so we left at intermission. I'm a big fan of not being uncomfortable, my life revolves around it. If I don't like being somewhere I'll just leave and if I don't like something I won't do it, with the exception of community service.

Speaking of volunteering, I used to help out at Goodwill. The deal is if you work there and want to buy something you can put it to the side until after your shift. The amount of junk in the store is astounding but once in a while a Louis Vuitton purse or something would show up. There was a nice girl that worked there who'd always show me something like shoes or a dress and say "Oh emm gee, how cute is this?" It was never cute. She picked out the worst stuff. But she was nice and I'm politically correct in real life so I'd always say "Ooooh yea that's cute, you should get it."

There was another woman working there who was missing her front teeth. She was kind of cold but nice when you got to know her and she told me that she had one foot out the door. She had her resume working for her. But she had no teeth and that was probably hurting her chances of getting a new job. I wanted to tell her I thought teeth would be helpful but I didn't. Hopefully she managed to find something, Goodwill kind of sucked.

I'm posting again at the poker table. There's a little, 80 year old man playing who's named after one of the 7 Dwarfs. Every night he tells the same joke, "My first two wives were named Ali and Mony."







No comments:

Post a Comment